Best way to love

One of the things that amazes me the most about my kids is the way that they love me. As imperfect as I am, my kids love me in spite of all of my many faults. They completely trust me, look to me for guidance, seek my approval, and come to me for forgiveness when they make mistakes. Given the choice, my kids would rather sit in my lap and read a book than go outside to play with their friends. I am humbled by the way they love me.

What an example of the way that I should love God. Jesus taught that we are to come to Him like children, and I see the example of the way a child loves his or her parents as a great example of that approach. If we can learn to love God in the pure way that children love, then imagine just how rich and joyous our relationship with Him can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are all cultured cavemen. I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...