Eatin' food

I find it curious that when someone dies people like to bring lots of food to the family. Not that I mind it, but after my grandmother died we had enough food at my parents house to feed a small third world country. The reason so much food is given is probably because it provides for the grieving family so that they don't have to worry about cooking for awhile and it brings comfort. Who doesn't like to eat when they are grieving? It's kind of like when you have a great need food is what can sometimes bring you the most comfort. Sounds a little bit about what we do with God. I mean, when we are in turmoil in our spiritual lives where else do we turn to comfort? The best food that we can enjoy is to feast on God's Word and His promises to us when things seem to be so far out of control.

No comments:

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...