Motivation

I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes lack motivation to do much of anything. It was so hard to roll out of bed this morning and I had a host of excuses that I could have used to justify it: long weekend, 3 kids who tired me out, pool party last night that left me achy and stiff, etc... But I did get out of bed and after a cup or two of coffee my day has now kicked into at least a low gear.

Where are we to find the motivation to do the things in life that we really don't want to do but are supposed to do anyway? Someone once told me that if you find a job that you love then you'll never work a day in your life. But will every day be that great? What about the student who loves some of his classes but despises the others? How does he make it through the semester with his sanity?

I believe that if we accept that God has created us for a life of purpose then that will be all the motivation that we need to move forward. No matter what you choose to do with your life, there will always be responsibilities placed upon you that make you cringe. Even if you have the greatest job ever, there will be those areas for which you simply hold your breath until you are through them. We can easily move past these things, and even excel in these undesirable areas, if we are confidently operating within God's purpose for our lives. When we desire to seek and live within God's purpose, then the goals that we set become attainable and the bumps and scrapes along the way will be endurable because we have our eyes set on the end line. It's too easy for us to wallow in self-pity when life isn't going our way, but that will never accomplish anything for God or His purpose for our lives. If you lack motivation, maybe it's because you haven't discovered God's purpose for your life. His desire is that you come to know Him through faith in Jesus Christ and then to seek after Him with all your heart. Knowing that God has a plan just for you should motivate you to do more with your life than you ever thought possible.

No comments:

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...