True freedom

Jesus tells the believer in John 8:36 "Therefore if the Son sets you free, you really will be free." When I think about that verse what comes to mind are all of the things that enslave me here on this earth: My financial needs, my personal ambitions, sins that I can't seem to conquer (even though Christ already has), the performance treadmill that I run on to try and please others, etc... Yet I am told by Jesus Christ directly that I am free. Free from the slavery of sin and death. Free to live my life with purpose and hope. Free to give up trying to make it on my own, knowing that I will never succeed. Free to not worry about the future because it's already been taken care of. I like being free.

No comments:

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...