Let's go bowling!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! It's time for college football bowl season to begin and Wake Forest is back in a bowl for the second straight year. Those of you who are fans of larger schools where going to a bowl every year elicits little less than a yawn from you probably can't appreciate back-to-back bowls like Wake Forest fans can. But this is just one of the signs that Demon Deacon football is an up and coming phenomenon that needs to be reckoned with.

With the game being in Charlotte, surely the place will be packed with Wake Forest fans who don't have to travel as far to see their beloved Deacons play. And with Connecticut as our opponent, this is certainly a winnable game for the Deacs. I'm going to do my best to be there (just look for the bald guy on TV)!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO DEACS!

Hey...what's the inside scoop on Grobe? Is he staying or going? Something tells me he's holding out for Michigan. Can't say I blame him.

Toby

Sterling Griggs said...

I think Grobe was just looking at what's out there - which makes sense when all of these other teams come calling. But it was the Arkansas media and irrational fanbase that blew this one way out of proportion. He never signed or committed to anything. When the Arkansas people saw the offer that was on the table, they just assumed he would take it. Thankfully they were wrong.

If Michigan called I know he would talk. Heck, he talked to Nebraska last week. But I don't think he'll leave, at least not for another year or so.

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...