Things not to say to a pregnant woman

With this being our fifth pregnancy (our third one went to be with the Lord early), Kellie and I have become accustomed to the things that people say as the belly begins to bulge bigger. Most people say things out of the kindness of their hearts and in blissful ignorance. I thought I'd share some of the comments that stick out to us the most.
  • Upon hearing that we already have three children, "You know what causes that, don't you?" Uh, yeah, we got that part down pretty well.
  • "You're not having twins, are you?" Are you saying that my wife is as big as a cow or do really think there's two in there?
  • "Are you going to breast feed or bottle feed?" This is kinda personal, isn't it? I mean, when you ask where the restroom is in my house, I don't ask you "Are you going to go number 1 or number 2?" do I?
  • "You haven't had that baby yet?" What do they want my wife to tell them, "Oh yeah, we already had the baby, I'm just still big as a house"?
It's funny to us the comments that we hear, and we know that people mean well. At least we have learned what not to say to other pregnant people we see.

No comments:

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...