Forrest Pollock


The Southern Baptist Convention and all those who are followers of Jesus Christ lost a good friend yesterday. Forrest Pollock was pastor of Bell Shoals Baptist Church in Brandon, FL, and he and his 13-year-old son died tragically in a single plane accident in the mountains of North Carolina. Thankfully, one of his daughters who was with him chose to stay behind.

In the summer of 2006 I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Pollock at his church when I took my students to participate in Frontliners, a missions opportunity for students that was birthed at Bell Shoals Baptist. Forrest was a gracious and kind man, one who was approachable because he approached you first. While my style of ministry was not the same as his, I admired his passion to see others come to Christ, especially in the Brandon area.

It saddens me to see men like this leave this earth so early in life. Dr. Pollock had much yet to give and he leaves behind a wife and five other children. My prayers go out to his family and also to his church as they continue on with the vision that he gave to them.

1 comment:

Kyle Barrett said...

Hey Sterling...

I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for you kind words about Pastor Pollock and prayers for his family. I grew up at BSBC but have been away for about 7 years now. I'm studying at Southern but have remained close to many on staff there. The memorial service on Saturday was amazing and if you get the chance to watch it I would. It was certainly an encouragement and tremendous testimony of the power the gospel has to change sorrow into joy. Blessings to you and your family brother.

Kyle Barrett

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...