An Old Testament Blessing

I was reading in the book of Numbers today (chapter 5 is quite interesting) when I came across this prayer at the end of chapter 6:
The Lord spoke to Moses:
23 “Tell Aaron and his sons how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:
24 The Lord bless you and protect you;
25 the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord look with favor on you and give you peace.
27 In this way they will put My name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.”

I sometimes find that reading the Old Testament can be a tough job. Some even ask if the Old Testament is really all that valid anymore in light of what the New Testament offers the believer. But then I run across a beautiful prayer like this and am reminded that from first word to last, my God is in every inspired Word of Scripture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Joy of being able to read the Old Testament. Still applying to us as Christians as use for teaching, correction, and reproof that we might be equipped for every good work. Filled with wonder and truth.

I was quite excited to read Genesis 1:1 yesterday, in Hebrew mind you.

SDG

Sterling Griggs said...

Hebrew rocks, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Its rocking my world right now and I've only had two classes.

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...