Basking in God's greatness


It is the morning of January 14 and I am sitting in a chair on the beach. Some freakishly awesome weather system has descended upon the North Carolina coast for the past few days, teasing us with spring like weather. Knowing that it will probably turn cool again in the next few days, I had to take advantage of every possible moment I could get outside.

Living on the Atlantic coast is probably not the same as living in other coastal regions in other parts of the world. Right now I am observing mini-waves on what is otherwise known as Lake Atlantic. But while the sea is calm and passive today, I still cannot see where it begins or ends. It is massive in it's expanse and it still sends waves crashing to the shore whenever it pleases. As I sit and contemplate this mighty ocean I am simply blown away at the majesty of God, the Creator of not just the ocean but the universe and all that is in it.

Consider these words from Psalm 95:3-5:
For the Lord is a great God, a great King above all gods. The depths of the earth are in His hand, and the mountain peaks are His. The sea is His; He made it. His hands formed the dry land.
As I watch the waves crash on the beach, I am immediately thankful for the sand that tells the ocean waves where to stop (Job 38:11). I watch fishing boats troll the depths, thankful that God has given us food to eat. And then I think, "Is there anything that is too difficult for God?" No, the waves roar in reply.

Our God is a great God and His creation is a reminder of His power and His sovereignty. There is nothing He cannot do. Worship Him!

No comments:

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...