What I told God this morning

God, first let me thank you for this new day You have given to me. From where I sit, I can see blue sky and the sun shining. What a gift! A new day to live and move and breathe. I couldn't ask for much more. Thank You!

I'm also incredibly grateful for forgiveness. Without Your forgiveness, God, I would have no idea how to forgive others. Oh, and I'm really thankful for grace. Without Your grace, I would be a big mess. God, Your grace is amazing!

You know God, there is a lot of junk going on in our world, stuff that weighs heavy on my heart. It seems like different groups of people just keep on hating each other and there seems to be no room for dialogue or resolution. Father God, forgive me for getting caught up in hate during my life, for viewing other people through the lens of fear and mistrust instead of seeing them as in desperate need of Your love and grace. I know that I can't change people, but You can. You give Your love and grace freely to me; how can I withhold it from others, even when they don't "deserve" it? So God, show everyone how awesome you are and how amazing Jesus is.

Lord, it's great to be alive. My goal for today is not so much to make the most of every moment or complete a check list. No, today I want my life to ooze Jesus. When people see me coming, I want them to see a guy who loves Jesus with every fiber of his being and it shows. I know I am far from perfect, but You want to use me anyway. Use me for Your glory, not my own.

I want to be a great husband and father, a faithful friend, a committed servant leader, and a lover of people. God, Your love for me has made that a desire in my heart. If I'm gonna pull this off, I need all of the strength and direction that You can muster for me. 

With that being said, let me finish by telling You how much I need You, God. Help me to be less dependent upon myself and much more dependent upon You. I've done the whole "I-can-do-this-on-my-own" song and dance routine enough to know that it never really works out that well for me. That's because I wasn't created for me. I was created for You.

Thanks for hearing me today, God. You are good, all the time. I love You and consider it an honor to be loved by You. Talk to You again soon.

Your child,
Sterling


No comments:

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...