Reflection




This week I have had the honor of being the camp pastor for middle school students at Laurel Ridge camp for Calvary Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, NC. I grew up going to Calvary's youth camps and coming back after all of these years has flooded my mind with memories of hikes up the mountain, pillow fights, camp fires, and spiritual encounters that blew me away.

The theme for the week has been "Reflect," based on 2 Corinthians 3:18, which reminds us that we are to reflect the image of Christ in every area of our lives. My challenge to the students has been for them to be so totally surrendered to Christ that their very self-image is based not on what others think of them but rather in who they are in Christ. These students have been challenged to look closely into their lives to see if anything is interfering with the reflection of Christ in them and God has moved in their lives in some remarkable ways.

Being back up at Laurel Ridge has also caused me to reflect on the many ways God has impacted my life and ministry. It was here at Laurel Ridge when I sensed God calling me to His ministry as a rising junior in high school. It was here that my life was challenged by godly men to grow up spiritually and live radically for Christ. And it's here that I have enjoyed the privilege of pouring back into the lives of these students in the way that others did for me throughout the years.

When it is all said and done, what matters most is that we live lives that bring utmost glory and honor to God. My hope is that my life will be such a reflection for Him.

No comments:

My Story to Tell

I was hesitant at first to write this blog post. A big reason for that is because so many people have experienced a lot of life-altering eve...